Tuesday, July 16, 2019

What are you never-ceasing about?

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I got a song stuck in my head this morning. The line before the chorus says that my whole being never ceases to worship the Lord.  Hmmm...

I'm afraid I think about God in the morning and then get on with my day.

What I AM good at never ceasing about is - worrying. I can think of something to be anxious about any time of day. But do I - can I - think of God throughout the day? Can I worship and praise Him - morning, noon and night?

I started thinking about a tree. Can you imagine a tree complaining:
"I'm stuck here. Same ol' same ol' every day. Literally, rooted / fixed to this spot. What if the river rises? What if there's a drought and the roots can't reach any refreshment? What if there's a fire? I can't move! Can go anywhere. Can't do anything. Just stand here."

Nope. The tree has its arms extending to the sky all the time. Probably praising God for providing water and other nutrients as needed. Probably praising God for the ability to make maple syrup at the proper time. Or fruit in the proper season. Probably praising God for the gift of leaves that dance in the breezes. Simply being. Simply satisfied with being blessed with whatever the Lord sends. Ceaseless praising tree.

You know what? My faith, my trust in God is unceasing. Unwavering. I will always have hope! My seeking of God will not be stopped. My confidence in Him will not be shaken! Ask me anytime, anywhere - I love the Lord for all He's done for me. Now that's ceaseless worship and praise!

Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all His benefits -
Who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
Who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:1-5)



No comments:

Post a Comment