Friday, July 19, 2019

J.A.W.S. living? or P.R.A.Y. living

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Yes! It's shark week!

Make your life a prayer. And in the midst of everything be always giving thanks for this is God's perfect plan for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18)

Lots of acronyms for praying. I would have to say my life is a continual cycle of them. Some Praising, Repenting, Asking and Yielding. (P.R.A.Y.)

I am in and out of those all day long. Sounded like a tall order at first. I picture "official" prayer as head bowed, hands folded, "prayer closet"... but we all know prayer comes in many forms and its really just turning our thoughts to God at any given moment.

A life of prayer? Or a life of...
J. A.W.S.
Judging others. Being critical.
Acting in arrogance. Thinking I know better, thinking I could do it better.
Whining. Complaining. Never satisfied. Always wanting something else.
Stepping in to fix things. A compilation of the first three put into action. Taking over. Taking control. Leaving no room for God and His Spirit to act.

I am humbled by these thoughts. And with greater awareness, certainly desire and choose that which is better and most pleasing to my God. May I continually fight for a P.R.A.Y.ing life and continually repent from slipping into a J.A.W.S. life.

Thank You, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment