Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Circle of prayer


© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18))



I always try to start my morning prayers with thanks and praise. Mostly because He is so worthy. Mostly because I need to be reminded. It is good for my heart, mind and soul to spend a minute or two remembering all the good the Lord has shown me, extended to me.

But then begins my litany of unending intercessory prayer. Oh, the names or circumstances shift and change, but there always seems to be plenty of people needing the Lord’s help – right now – today. And in some cases, tomorrow for sure too. These are really heartfelt, some heart-wrenching prayers. It would be easy to get caught up in the stress, pain and drama of their circumstances and just sit and wonder and worry – how is it ever going to get smoothed out?

That’s when I need to circle back to the thanks and praise part of prayer again. Mostly because He is so worthy. Mostly because I need to be reminded.

Thank You, Lord, that You see all this in perfect detail and are involved in every life

Thank You for being perfect in wisdom, power and love

Thank You for Your faithfulness

Thank You You know what You’re doing

Thank You for blessed assurance

Thank You for Your comforting presence whenever we choose to focus on You

Thank You for being our Light, our Guide, our Way

Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment