Friday, February 2, 2018

In God we trust

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. (Psalm 28:7)

We all know how prayers tend to go:
Lord, I pray for so-and-so ...
Lord, I pray about this and that ...
Lord, I pray over ...
Lord, I pray ...

Lifting up our burdens and concerns. And hearing ... nothing. "Knowing" God hears our prayers. But not sensing immediate relief. Sighing. Knowing we've done what is right.

But what if we worded our prayers differently. What if, instead of Lord, I pray - we said, Lord, I trust ...

Lord, I trust and believe You are holding my hand.
Lord, I trust and believe You will lift me up and settle me down.
I trust in my place in Your heart.
I trust You will help me live secure.
I trust You really love me - just as I am.
I trust You really have Your hand on all these circumstances, worries, and burdens on my heart.
I trust You really know.
I trust that I don't have to explain.
I trust You to smooth out my upset brow.
I trust You really calm my spirit.
I trust and believe You are my Peace.
I trust and believe in Your love and care over me and others. All others.

I put my trust, secure faith and trust, in the One true God.
And there it is. Peace that passes understanding. There it is. Peace and a place for a song in my heart. Praises. 
Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment