Monday, January 29, 2018

Love You Still

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
    It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
    and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:9-11)


Lord, I LOVE seeing the snowflakes cascade so beautifully past my window this morning! I am so thankful for the time I have to enjoy them. I am thankful for my steaming cup of coffee and my warm and delicious bowl of oatmeal. I'm thankful for this rocking chair and the comfy blanket over my lap. Lord, You are so wonderful! Too wonderful for words!

But I'm going to have to go out and shovel pretty soon. And my grateful heart may take a hard left and lack the appreciation I am feeling right now for Your beautiful creative handiwork.

Thank You for loving me just as I am. Thank You too for the ups and downs ... and then more ups - in this life. Truly, You are a great God and I love You so!

Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment