Thursday, July 27, 2017

New every morning


© 2013 Julie Crane All rights reserved
… give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ …  (Proverbs 30:8-9)



When some are asked when is enough - enough, they say just a little bit more. How true that seems to be in our world. Barely taking time to appreciate all the blessings the Lord has poured out before asking for one thing more.

 But the wise one writing the Proverbs humbly knows. Please grant what is needed for today. Just get me through today, Lord, and it will be enough. And when tomorrow comes, may I humbly bow before You again, and ask the same. This day’s bread. This day’s strength. This day’s godly choices.

 Just as the Lord has called the waves on the shore to repeat the process at His command … just as new mercies come every morning (because I used up all the mercy He gave me yesterday!) … so, too, new prayers to our Father God should flow. Every day prayer. That we may live in His every day presence and providence.

 For great is His faithfulness!

1 comment:

  1. Good reminder. Slow down be present today. And prayers answered be grateful

    ReplyDelete