Monday, May 8, 2017

This is the day!


© 2002 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalm 118:24)



This has become my snuggle down in bed nighttime “prayer”. This verse comes to mind and I try to think of three things I did right that day. Because I need peace right about then. The day has been full and both good and not so good. I need some restful thought that I brought some good into the world. I need a little reassurance that today – I mattered. Today counted for something. However small. Then peace and rest come quickly …

 Was I kind to someone? Helpful in any way? Did I make someone smile or laugh? Was a thankful for something? Offer support or encouragement? Did I hug and love on somebody?

 I think we all thirst for a little affirmation. In my current situation, am I doing “good enough”?

 Talk to Jesus tonight when you snuggle down in bed and see what He says. Three things …

 And sweet dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment