Monday, May 15, 2017

Remember Me


© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Freshly baked cinnamon rolls … an OLD country song … crocheted baby afghans … purple lilacs … beaded moccasins – EVERY SINGLE TIME I encounter these things, I am transported to a time when mom was here; mom was close by. A scent, a sound, a sight triggers a memory and I am transported back. Filled with emotion. Intense, moving, heart-stopping emotion. You too?

I remember mom - every single time.

And then there’s the bread, holding it up for all to see … and He gave thanks … and broke it … He took the cup … watching it pour into the cup … the invitation to come … more memory triggers -

I remember Jesus - every single time.
Filled with emotion. Intense, moving, heart-stopping emotion. I remember all Jesus has done for me and how He’s carried me through a million things. I remember His endless love for me is right here. And He is close by – yes, I will remember.

Do this in remembrance of Me. (Luke 22:19)

I won’t forget you momma, ever.
I won’t forget You, Jesus.













No comments:

Post a Comment