Thursday, December 15, 2016

I FEEL GOOD! Do Do … Do Do … Do Do …Do!


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you. (Romans 12:2 MSG)





Reading God’s Word. Whether it’s a whole chapter or just a few phrases that caught my attention and I want to think about … I feel good when I choose to read God’s Word. It is within God’s will and desire for us.



Praying. Whether it’s several minutes of thanking or wondering what is up with my current situation, or a quick sentence of two on behalf of a friend … I feel good when I choose to pray. It is within God’s will and desire for us.



Healthy foods and activity. Whether it’s selecting a juicy orange instead of another Christmas cookie for once, or preparing a whole nutritious meal … I feel good when I choose to feed my body with things that fuel and nourish. It is within God’s will and desire for us.



Reaching out to others. Whether it’s dropping a card in the mail or taking the time to listen … I feel good when I am like Jesus in helping others to feel better. It is within God’s will and desire for us.



Obviously the listing could go on and on. But I want you to see that God’s will leads to inner happiness. Doing these kinds of things make you happy – makes God happy. God’s “rules” weren’t meant to hinder or limit your happiness but increase it.



Live in accordance with God’s will and desire and see if your life doesn’t take an upswing!


No comments:

Post a Comment