Tuesday, December 13, 2016

In your face!


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
One generation commends Your works to another; they tell of Your mighty acts. They speak of the glorious splendor of Your majesty - and I will meditate on Your wonderful works. (Psalm 145:4-5)

I friend of mine recently recommended a brisk walk for 15 minutes for healthy living. Yes, I am in Michigan and it is 24 degrees and snow is falling. But I’ve been feeling emotional and “tossed by the waves” unsettled. So despite my misgivings, I decided to do just that. Double pair of mittens, thick flannel scarf with matching helmet hat and out the door I went.

Yep. It was cold. But it was also pretty. And this early in the morning – tranquil. Snow crunching under each step I took. The fresh air cleared my head. Maybe it was the sharpness of the cold on my face, or the white wonder all around me but I felt transported. The present situation grabbed me – the cold air, the freshness of breath, the sense of beauty and wonder ... Left behind were the worrisome thoughts, the niggling should-haves, and the heavy to-do list. Gone. Forgotten. Lifted indeed.

And I am reminded of another friend who recommends reading God’s Word for 15 minutes for healthy living. Could there be a connection? Could emotional worries and entanglements be again – gone, forgotten, lifted?

I’m betting so. I think God is like that. Reaching out for us, looking out for us. Grabbing hold – if we but let Him.

Got 15 minutes?














No comments:

Post a Comment