Friday, January 9, 2015

Got'cha covered!

 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wood (Isaiah 1:18).

I’m sitting here watching big, fluffy snowflakes swirl around outside the windows. We have several inches now. Many people are bemoaning that fact. Bitter cold. Difficult driving. But the dead grass, the brown leaves, dried up twigs – are all covered up. And we are left with a blanket of pure white. Even the gray branches of the trees in the yard are dressed in white; every single little branch. Not one has been missed or overlooked. Everything – covered over in white.

So while I also can chime in with the rest about the drawbacks to all this snow, I am thankful for the wonderful reminder that my sins are covered up, every one, just like this landscape out my window. Whatever my sin has been: my dead, brown, old, dried-up sins – have all been covered.

How many snowflakes does it take to cover up the ground like that? How much God – grace to cover our sins? Guess what? The matter is settled as far as God is concerned. Whatever amount is needed – God’s got it covered!

Snow – bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment