Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Taking the Leap



So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10

I recently saw a picture of a little girl jumping into the big pool for the first time – right into her daddy’s arms. I remember a similar situation where a little girl jumped from her swing into her daddy’s arms. “Stand back, daddy! Farther! Farther!” Kind of scary. But kind of fun too. Safe risk you might say. There are lots of firsts in life. First interview for a job. First big purchase. First time on a plane. Scary, but not unique. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the what-if. But you’ll never know if you don’t “go there”.

Isn’t that true of taking any risk? It’s about facing your fear of the unknown. But it should also be about moving forward with the “known” – the “known” being the truth about God. Do not be afraid, I am with you. I am good and mighty and all-wise and all-powerful and all-everything you need. Isn’t that a good description of believing? Facing the fear of the unknown with confidence. Like a daddy catching you when you jump into his arms. A child is certain the daddy can do it, even if they’ve never leaped like this before. They are sure of the character and the love of the father. You can be to.


No comments:

Post a Comment