Monday, September 1, 2014

Honor Your God



You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for You, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. – Psalm 63:1

My number one top priority is to be right with God at all times and in all places. So that means that dieting should not be my number one hope, dream and daily concern as much as honoring God with my body. Not abusing my body or my mind with unhealthy food choices. But to take good care of this body He gave me and to be healthy in order to love and serve Him to the fullest extent possible. It’s about honoring and pleasing God. That should be my focus when it comes to daily health and lifestyle. Not that I will look better. I want to be healthy and strong that I might be able to do whatever He calls me to do. I will be ready and able. My thoughts should be about honoring God and bringing glory to God. It’s about God.

God is seeking worshippers.  People who love and praise and can’t get enough of Him. He is not something to have on a to-do list and then scratched off or put on a shelf like you would a bible or devotional book. He needs to go beyond that for you. Everything you do – does it bring glory to God? By that I mean will it cause anyone to say, “Wow, thank God!” Is what you are about to do – will it cause God to smile? Sitting with a devotional book or bible and praying does. Eating a healthy breakfast does. Taking a walk and truly enjoying nature does. Helping anyone who asks does. Making small gifts, sharing, phonecalling, writing words of encouragement ... there are a zillion things you can do that please God. Many good, God-pleasing options as you consider what and how to do the next thing. You probably do many God-pleasing things already and just don’t realize that you are bringing a smile to God’s face. Maybe you need to stop and think about that. And not in a negative way as to list where you are falling short. But really think about what you are getting right. Bringing glory to God isn’t about big impressive thoughts and actions. But it’s your daily doings and attitude that say to God He is important to you. Pleasing and honoring God as holy God and acting like it. People notice when God is your Lord. And that’s a true gift to Him. You go to church. You study the bible. You are generous and kind a step beyond others. You take care of the things God places in your life. You honor Him by taking care of what’s important to Him. The health and well-being of all creation. Does hugging and feeding your dog or cat fit? You bet it does. Add that to your honoring God list.

People who love God with all the heart, mind, soul and strength and want His character to be seen and known and felt are indeed His saints. Because it brings Him great pleasure to have us act in deep love, respect and gratitude. Honor God this day. I bet you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment