Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's not about you ...

Ever read a daily devotional and nothing jumps out at you? Yeah. Or when you read the bible – this “come up dry” and “thirsting for a special message – just right for me” feeling. Just right for my own special need or situation. Hmmm… sitting there. Wondering. Praying for meaning. A thought about a friend comes to mind. I push it aside. This is my quiet time with God. My time to be fed and directed by Him. So I know how He wants me to follow Him today. Friend comes to mind again. And yet again. I look down at what I was reading. A phrase. A verse. The friend again.

 Could it be that the message I am seeking… is not for me at all? But for a dear friend. God is directing me – to be a conduit; a messenger. He’s wanting me to pass something on.


Coming up empty after reading a devotional or scripture? Ask God if He has someone else in mind. And pass it on!

  • God brought you to mind today – so I said a little prayer.
  • I read this and it made me think of you (include phrase or verse)
  • (write down phrase or verse) and just add: thinking of you today

No comments:

Post a Comment