Thursday, November 15, 2012

Note to self:


A neighbor recently had some surgery done on her heart. Definitely, send her a card. A happy, funny card.
 

Someone at church has two family members in the hospital / recovery process. God bless her. Send her a card (knowing the “sick”ones always get cards – but what about the mom standing by, right?)

 
Reading a really interesting book, a friend that lives one hour away recommended it. I think I’ll drop a note off to her and let her know how much I am enjoying it and thanks for thinking of me. (and let's get together soon to discuss it!)

 
Was at a meeting the other night, and a friend handed me a copy of a devotion he had read that day… said it reminded him of me. And it does. Another note of thanks for thinking of me and sharing.

 
A woman I recently met sent me information about her connecting returning soldiers with dogs that need homes (because my son just returned). I have the perfect dog card to send her a note of appreciation.

 
And I have my regular list of shut-ins that I send cards to every month. Got those Thanksgiving cards out just in time. They love getting mail!

 
Birthdays! Birthdays! There’s always one or two on my calendar.

 
And I do write to my sponsored child in Uganda every month as well.  I like little note cards so I don’t have to write very much. J

 
Which reminds me of a pen pal ministry for incarcerated teens that I used to be involved with. I have more time on my hands now, maybe I should get back into that…

  

  • You’ve been on my mind lately…
  • I cherish our friendship and appreciate your thoughtfulness.
  • You mean a lot to me!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment