Do you remember your child, or maybe now it’s a grandchild, running in from outside with a handful of dandelions - just for you? Oh, what joy on their sweet, little face!
“I picked flowers for you!”
“Look how high I can swing!”
“Do you like the picture I colored?” (And yes, you post it on your fridge)
And who remembers making those awful, clay ashtrays in art class for your parents “delight”?
But each time, with every gift, the gleam in those little eyes, the smile that glows with excitement… and the love extended - to you.
Oh, that we would have a measure of that kind of joy when we offer our gifts and talents to the Lord. Oh, that we would remember the safety of being a beloved child who dares to run and share without forethought of any reproof or condemnation. Purely from the heart of love to another - a gift.
Your calling, your giving, your actions of love are all gifts being held out and up to your loving Father. Know that it is received with so much joy and delight. There is no comparison from God. He doesn’t look at quality or quantity. God looks only at the sincerity of heart. Your precious, love-giving heart. And He is filled. He smiles. He nods. He beckons you in for a closer hug. Just as you did that child of yours. That warm fuzzy inside your heart no words can describe? God feels that too.
“The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
“Never again will you be called “The Forsaken City” or “The Desolate Land.” Your new name will be “The City of God’s Delight” and “The Bride of God,” for the Lord delights in you and will claim you as his bride.” Isaiah 62:4 NLT
“He brought me out into a broad place; he delivered me because he delighted in me.” Psalms 18:19 NRSVUE
Think how much the Father loves us. He loves us so much that He lets us be called His children, as we truly are. 1 John :31 CEV
These verses speak freedom. Freedom to approach holy God as Father. Who extends loving and joyous acceptance of what you have to offer. So offer it. Don’t hesitate. Love freely. I pray you know and understand this… You can make God of all creation - smile.
Bring it to the Lord with a glad heart!
“Serve the LORD with gladness: Come before his presence with singing.” Psalm 100:2 KJV
“Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.” Colossians 3:23 NLT
“for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.” Matthew 25:35-36 NRSVUE
WOW! There are so many more verses that speak of God’s love for us and of the joy of loving Him back! Is there another one that comes to mind?
No comments:
Post a Comment