TURNING EYES UPON JESUS

TURNING EYES UPON JESUS
Turning eyes upon Jesus. Join me through notecards and devotionals.

Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Re-freshment



Fresh cut flowers. Freshly washed sheets. Fresh brewed coffee. 

Fresh: something new or recently made, being not spoiled or not preserved, or being energized or not tired

Let today be… fresh. New. Not spoiled. How awesome to…. Begin.

Think of a baby getting a clean diaper. Now they are ready to enjoy the day! They don’t sit there and ponder the old diaper.  And they don’t sit there wasting time stressing about the next dirty one. The old is gone and the new has come! And they are going to enjoy the new and the good right now!

AND even more than that… God does not sit and ponder your dirty sins. I mean, can you imagine? Well, of course not! God’s forgiveness washes it away. Away! God is ready to move on to the new and good stuff too. That’s why there are new mercies every morning. 

The sun does not stay down… it rises! Birds get up and in sing, sing, sing! Flowers too - lift their faces up. You can almost see them smiling!

Where there was a dirty darkness - now a dawning. An awakening. Oh my! It can be the same for you. Right now. Today. Call it a rebirth of heart and mind. Oh, to just remain in His presence and leave the impact of the worldly behind. To be that baby who lifts its arms up. Up! Up!

One thing I ask of the Lord. This is what I seek (Psalm 27:4) One thing. One Lord. One love. One focus. This would be my pleasure. I envision the passage of the father running to meet his prodigal son on the road (Luke 15:20) And I flip the story around. Me. I’m the one running, arms flung open wide, running to the Father!

Joy comes to you this morning just as he promised. Claim the beauty for ashes. Festive praise instead of despair (Isaiah 61:3 NLT) Allow it. Welcome it. Choose to live in it today. You can choose re-freshment!

But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life.”  John‬ ‭4‬:‭14‬ ‭NLT‬‬



No comments:

Post a Comment