TURNING EYES UPON JESUS

TURNING EYES UPON JESUS
Turning eyes upon Jesus. Join me through notecards and devotionals.

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Let’s take a break

 


 My mom in her rocking chair. Between cooking and cleaning, mom could be found in her rocker. Down time for her. Crochet time. Or crossword puzzle time. Not just special, but in memory - sacred.

A certain place for a certain activity.  Many sit at a table for meal times. Some have a special chair or corner of a room for prayer. Set apart for a special activity. I needed a space for artwork. Some have the luxury of a dedicated room. Some do it at the dining room table. I suddenly longed for a set apart, quiet, uninterrupted zone for my artwork. I hadn’t realized it until recently. But I haven’t been doing any drawing. I asked God about it and there seemed to be just silence. I didn’t like that at first. Every day wondering if I was being disobedient, if I was failing at not nurturing my God-given gift. When maybe God wasn’t answering because He wanted me to stop and rest. In Him. Trust. When it didn’t make sense. And not all the focus on doing. Producing. Giving. So I relaxed in my non-drawing season and waited for the Lord’s signal to begin again.

Have you been there? Perhaps you are there now. Pleading with God for something you think you have the perfect answer to, the perfect solution. 

It has just recently been revealed to me that in some situations - stop asking for my will and my resolution. My prayer should be based on certain hope and trust and not telling the Lord the “how” and the “when”. True peace comes from knowing God IS handling it. How gracious are You, Lord, to attend to and enter into my concerns.

My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.” Isaiah‬ ‭55‬:‭8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah‬ ‭29‬:‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

You know these verses. Probably by heart. Let’s live in them. Let’s truly believe in our magnificent God! Have a Yay, God kind of day knowing He is showing up and will do the best. Give you His best. Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment