TURNING EYES UPON JESUS

TURNING EYES UPON JESUS
Turning eyes upon Jesus. Join me through notecards and devotionals.

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Day and Night

My new rule about reading the Bible. Whenever and however. Be it much or be it a little. Read a few verses while the coffee finishes brewing. Read a few more while waiting in the drive-thru. While waiting in line for the kids to get out of school. It’s right there on your phone. Audio while walking the dog.

Sometimes life gets in the way. I’m trying to sit down, sit still, and read my Bible every morning. A certain number of chapters. But mornings can spin out of control. I think I’ll get to it later. Ha! Ha! And if you are following a Bible in a year program, now you are behind and feel like you have to double up tomorrow. Fat chance. Waiting for that last spin on the washer cycle. Prepping dinner. Weeding the garden. A couple minutes here. A few there. Word of God speaks to me everywhere. Even in snippets. Maybe even better in snippets because then I have time to ponder and digest. Wait. What? Reading the Bible one or two minutes at a time can actually be beneficial? Yay! I’m pretty sure I can do that. Commitment to a certain time and place is great. Your old faithful version in your lap. Awesome. But sometimes I have to read a chapter again and again because it is packed with so much. So if you need to do it another way, God will still be blessing it. You can count on it! So keep reading. Keep at it and just see what God does even with snippets. 

I pray, Lord, slow me down. Take and bless the small bites. Help me connect the dots. Connect me to You.

“But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night. They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭1‬:‭2‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment