Wednesday, November 4, 2020

In need of the best prayer

 


There certainly seems to be plenty to be prayed about lately. I feel like I'm drowning in issues and causes to lift up to the Lord. Maybe it feels like there's more than ever before. But in truth, if you thumb through any history book or open your bible to any page, you will see that Jesus' words ring true: In this world you will have trouble... (John 16:33)

But there are many times when I pray just to seek a resting place. My desire to pray over real concerns sometimes needs to take a backseat to my need for a peaceful and secure place. A non-anxious, no-calamity / no-drama oasis. That too is prayer.

Not a running list of all that's wrong. But an even-paced breathing in and breathing out. It's a sacred place. A "set apart" (separate from all that's swirling around in your head) place. Where the worldly does not invade / take over / dominate. In this prayer, with Jesus drawing close by, there is a space where I don't have to be overwhelmed; a place where I can close my eyes and dare to surrender to an Almighty God all that mere man cannot seem to do on its own.

I need to escape into that "set apart" sacred realm. I need to be reminded in that holy space and time that God has been taking care of troubles "His whole life". God continues to carry His children through one mess after another. He does not treat us as our "corporate and individual" sins deserve (Psalm 103:10). Indeed, His love (and care) over the whole world endures (rescuing from scenarios seen and unseen) forever. Until He calls us home.

I would like to encourage you to separate yourself for a time from whatever is bombarding your heart and mind. Take a real rest. Believe in a powerful God that will do something beyond your human imagination. 

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7)

Take a prayer time that offers peace to your weary soul...



No comments:

Post a Comment