Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Jesus and Rom-Coms

© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved

Now hear me out. I know you've seen, or at least heard, about these movies. There are several networks dedicated to them. They go like this:

Boy meets girl. They fall in love. There are some ups and downs and misunderstandings that lead to a break-up. Then, predictably, at the end, they are back together - forever!

I started thinking of my walk with Jesus in this context. We were introduced and it took some time before I decided that, yes, I would start a relationship with Him. At first, we had some great times. A honeymoon phase of "I love the Lord!" But then there were some ups and downs... and misunderstandings. There were times when I kind of gave up on Him. I tried walking along without Him. But, like in the movies, I couldn't stop thinking about Him. And eventually, things became cleared up between us and we were in love again. Forever.

And just like on the movie channel that shows one rom-com after another, so my life seems to cycle through these events with Jesus as well. I'm gonna love Him forever! Then something happens I don't understand and I get doubtful and confused. Wanting things my way... then we "talk" and I love Him and trust Him again. 

But the ending is just as predictable. We will always end up in love! The intensity of my love and trust in Him might get shaken up from time to time, but He is forever faithful; He is forever loving and kind. His love never waivers. Never decreases. I can know for certain that in the end, we will be together forever.(1 Thessalonians 4:17)

"I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.(Jeremiah 31:3)

My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with Me that you also may be where I am. (John14:2-3)

Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you. (Isaiah 54:10)




No comments:

Post a Comment