Thursday, April 9, 2020

Holy Ground Moments

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Ahh... coffee with a friend. Chatting. Laughing. Lazily passing time. Watching the world go by.

Those were fleeting moments at the time. Simple pleasures. I appreciated them then, didn't I? Surely I thanked God for such gifts, didn't I?

But may not have pondered, held so dear, or relished the profound nature of the gift - it was from God. Priceless moments. Were they holy moments? Holy ground moments?

One definition of holy is: considered to be special because its connected to God.

Sitting here alone... drinking my coffee... missing all those things I once took for granted. I am rendered speechless with longing. So many God given moments, many simply "always there" expectations - now upon reflection during their absence - really were holy ground. I could taste and see that God is good (Psalm 34:8)

My eyes have since been opened.
Everywhere I look - abundance. Gifts. Blessings. I am surrounded. God's love is in everything. I won't be caught under-appreciating God's connecting to me again. Look around. Consider it all to be special because it is connected to God. From God's heart to yours.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation... (Philippians 4:12)

God brings the holy. The special. The gift of Himself.
Every good and perfect gift is from God (James 1:17)

It wasn't the actual ground Moses stood on that was holy - it was the presence of God (Exodus 3:5).

Times like coffee with a friend - will surely be more appreciated, cherished and remembered as gifts from God. In solemn awe, Lord, I will remember You.

Thank You, for holy ground moments.







No comments:

Post a Comment