Monday, March 23, 2020

Where are You, God?

Keep your head up, your eyes straight ahead, and your focus fixed on what is in front of you. (Proverbs 4:25)

I sure did not expect all this dreary, gray sky and unfruitful branches out my window today. It's supposed to be spring! Where's the blue sky and green buds? I can't see any of that. Just black and gray tangles. 

Not only is my view filled with clutter, but my mind as well. Thoughts - so many thoughts (and dreary thoughts) running off here and there in different directions, just like those branches.

And yet I know the peace of Christ is here somewhere. I've had it before. Even amidst cluttered thoughts, drama and trauma all around me. Still... still I KNOW - if I seek Him I can find Him if I seek Him with all my heart. (Deuteronomy 4:29)



Yep. Just focus. Zero in. Push all the other choking thoughts off to the side. And you will see Christ. Know He is seeing you too. He also is intent and focused - on carrying you through. Peace, my friends. Peace the world cannot give.

Where is Jesus? Right here where's He's always and forever been.
Closer than your next breath.


If you will focus your intentions in His direction and open your hands and reach for Him... (Job 11:13)

One thing...
One thing.

One thing I ask from the Lord,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
and to seek Him in His temple.
For in the day of trouble
He will keep me safe in His dwelling;
He will hide me in the shelter of His sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
(Psalms 27:4-5)


No comments:

Post a Comment