Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Firm Foundation

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I was in the Navy. I went through a divorce. I survived cancer. And now I am under a stay-at-home order for the whole state due to a pandemic.

In every case, my normal, comfortable routine was turned upside down. All of a sudden daily rhythms once taken for granted were replaced by unknowns. New, different and unfamiliar ruled the day. It was scary. Upsetting. Until...

I settled in for my morning coffee and prayer time. Every morning. A habit I sometimes didn't feel like doing. But did some form of it anyway. Coffee. Bible. Prayer journal. Do it enough and the Lord leads you to a place of peace every time. After years of practice, its quite natural for me to start my day in prayer. It is the one thing that none of those above mentioned life-altering events could take away. 

In good days and in bad, I can bow down in prayer. I can rest in peace because God gives me peace when I pray.

We're living in a state of great change and upheaval right now. Every facet of life has been affected by the social distancing required. Gatherings. Meetings. Shopping. Finances. Mental and physical health.

But not my prayer time. Not my time of receiving strength, wisdom, patience and love from God. I have a firm foundation like the one talked about in Matthew 7:24 - 25.

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.

And you can too. It's never too late to start building a prayer-faith life that will sustain you - when the rains come down, the streams rise, and the winds blow and beat... you don't have to fall (panic, feel helpless). A firm foundation can be started anytime. A confidence-in-God peace can be attained and held on to during troubling times.

Begin. Now. Today.
And pray every day.
It will most assuredly make a difference to your good and bad days.

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)






No comments:

Post a Comment