Saturday, July 13, 2019

My non-productive prayer

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I'm armed and dangerous. I've got my prayer list, my bible, my journal, my coffee, and my devotional. Fully prepared for some real quiet time with the Lord before jumping into my to-do list of the day.

I'm reading. I'm writing. I'm powering through my prayer list. But I don't know... something's not right. Today's scripture just isn't "clicking" with me. Today's prayers for others feel lackluster or rote. There's no real drama going on in my personal life ; no high anxieties for the day that require intense pleading. I'm kinda just sitting here - anxiously rambling helter-skelter, seeking that divine connection - through my attempt at productive prayer.

And suddenly... suddenly... I am stopped.
"Put everything down. Everything. Just sit. Close your eyes. Breathe in and out. That's all."

But what about...

"Breathe in and out. That's all. Just sit to embrace My divine presence. Savor this thing you call quiet time - by being quiet."

He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside quiet water,
He refreshes my soul. (Psalm 23:2 NIV)

He offers a resting place for me in His luxurious love.
His tracks take me to an oasis of peace, the quiet brook of bliss.
That's where He restores and revives my life. (TPT)

He provides me rest in rich, green fields
beside streams of refreshing water.
He soothes my fears;
He makes me whole again. (VOICE)



No comments:

Post a Comment