Friday, April 12, 2019

God and cancer

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I have added yet another loved one to my prayer list under "cancer". I have lost count on how many people I have prayed over in regards to cancer. Some journeys short. Some journeys longer. Either way, I have to believe God's hand is on each one - or I'll go crazy.

Can God get exhausted by all my pleas? Will God ever run out of resources?

I have prayed daily. Over test results. Over white blood cell counts. For strength and courage. Seriously, I can go on and on about the pain and struggle of it all in prayer until I am having heart palpitations. Pleading with God to act.

But that kind of prayer is focused more on a problem that I can't see a quick solution to. That kind of prayer is focused on my limited vision, my limited abilities.

Now to Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... (Ephesians 3:20)

God can do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.

God can.

Because either God is greater - or the need is greater.

Lord, I believe in You.
Lord, I already know all kinds of situations You have resolved. Too numerous to count. In my prayers for others, I will remember Your goodness of the past. How many survivors of cancer I know. And how many more are out there. I will stand firm in my faith. The power of Your love overshadows any earthly concern I might have. Great are You, Lord! And greatly to be praised. That is what I am going to focus on. You have helped before. You will help again. Anything I see as a "delay" will not send me into a tailspin. You are Almighty God! All-wise. All-powerful. I will remember Your many works. In my life. In the lives of others. In the lives of the many bible characters of faith (Hebrews 11). Every blessing I can think of. I will stand in trust and faith in You. I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment