Thursday, April 11, 2019

Because I'm counting on you...

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I have prayed ...
I have tried to pray...
I've prayed in every which way I can and I've prayed through tears...

I've bowed my head when no words would come.

And that's why I'm counting on you. Sometimes my emotions are so close to the situation, I can't settle down. Can't form words.

(Perhaps this sounds like you at one time or another.)

And yet I know the answer is found in prayer.

So you are important.
It's your little prayer added to my fumbling one and our prayers encapsulated by Jesus' completing one - that's where it all becomes powerful and effective.

I'm counting on you. To somehow pray where my prayer ends. Or your prayer weaving in with mine to make it stronger.

Yes, powerful. Yes, effective.

Someone is counting on you. 

The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective (James 5:16 NIV)

...for tremendous power is released through the passionate, heartfelt prayer of a godly believer! (TPT)

... pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. (MSG)


No comments:

Post a Comment