Friday, May 25, 2018

That Wise Builder

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. - Luke 6:48

When life is going good, so am I. I remember to pray, read my bible, sing praises, and smile with the love of Jesus in my heart. I feel like that wise builder. Unshakable.

Then trauma enters in. I forget everything. I rant and rave. I pout. I cry. I feel hopeless. I struggle. I wrestle with God. Maybe I'm not so much like that wise builder after all. My faith can seem so weak sometimes. I start to doubt my foundation. I question whether I have invested enough time in fortifying it.

Whether you feel like you've built on rock or sand ...


KNOW THIS!
God's character does not waiver.
He neither slumbers nor sleeps. (Psalm 121:4)
He doesn't grow tired or weary. (Isaiah 40:28)
He is forever faithful. (Psalm 89:1)
His love endures forever. (Psalm 100:5)
He is unchanging. The same yesterday, today, forever. (Hebrews 12:8)
Full of love and compassion. (Psalm 86:15)
Slow to anger, abounding in steadfast love. (Psalm 103:8)
He is your Help. (Psalm 10:14)
He has a solution to every circumstance. (Mark 6:42)
He can be trusted. (Psalm 145:13)

God is your Almighty.
You don't have to have it all together. Just keep the truths you know about Him close by. He will do the rest. I bet you ride the storm out better than you think. Thank You, Jesus.












No comments:

Post a Comment