Tuesday, May 22, 2018

I want you to want Me

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Then he said to them all, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. - Luke 9:23

A familiar verse. Often followed by a groan. In a world where comfort and ease rank pretty high, being called to deny yourself can seem unrealistic. Why would a loving God want us do uncomfortable things … daily?

First of all, it begins with a choice. Your choice. As I have been trying to eat healthy, I have noticed that good choices make me feel good. I am so happy when I make a good choice. I feel lighter, brighter, and energized. When I make a poor choice - not only do I feel bad and disappointed in myself, but my body becomes sluggish under the weight of heavy carbs and too much sugar. I DO need to deny myself too much sugar. And yes, it feels like daily.

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. - Matthew 6:24

IF you want to be ...Yes! Lord. I want to be known as a close, connected follower of You.

Then you MUST … foremost in my mind, my greatest desire, above all else is You, Lord.

DENY YOURSELVES ... give up my own notions, stop relying on my own limited knowledge and emotions.

Take up your cross DAILY … Now. Present. Not wait and start tomorrow. Not I did good enough yesterday, so …

And FOLLOW ME … I will. I will seek Your face always, Lord. You do the leading. You do the choosing. The direction. All the hows, whys, and whens. Because it's a privilege to go with You, Lord. An honor.

Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him to help you do it, and he will. -Psalm 37:5 (TLB)














No comments:

Post a Comment