Saturday, February 10, 2018

Thanks ... again!

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits -
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's. (Psalm 103:2-5)

I prayed on and off all day yesterday. My son was driving back from Florida. Many of you know Michigan got quite a bit of snow then. So a lot of praying. A lot of hoping - and trusting in the Lord. Finally, at 10:30 p.m., I got the call that he was home. Safe. A quick "Thank You, Jesus!" and I was off to bed to sleep in perfect peace.

But this morning something was stirred up in me. Although sincerely heartfelt, I realized how short and quick my prayers of thanks can be.

So I'm wanting to re-think, re-pray, re-thank God:

  • the Lord carried me through months of cancer treatments in 2016 and I am now listed among the survivors (Thank You again, Jesus!)
  • a loved one, (actually two) thought their cancer had returned. Prayed day after day until the test results came back all clear (Thank You again, Jesus!)
  • endless prayer for a friend's son who needed to receive a life-giving liver organ donation (Thank You again, Jesus!)
  • even daily prayers over my cat, who was choking every day, is finally well (Thank You again, Jesus!)
  • unending prayer for someone in the hospital for so long, getting well enough to go home (Thank You again, Jesus!)
  • and my son, after hours of prayer, made it home though the snowy, stormy Michigan roads (Thank You again, Jesus!)


There just seemed to be an imbalance between the requests and the gratitudes. Do we scratch answered prayers off our list too quickly? What if we kept a running list of how God acted upon every single one? I bet our eyes would be opened to how great, how great is our God!

What are you re-thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment