Tuesday, January 2, 2018

As time goes by


© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. (Revelation 22:17)

My husband and I recently celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. It's interesting to look back ... 

We've grown in love and trust. In the beginning, we made a choice to pursue this relationship. We spent time together. Got to know about each other. Sometimes he did things for me. Sometimes I did things for him. And at some point, decided that this is a person I want in my life every day. Through every up and down of life. Yes, there are days when I am mad at him. We don't always see eye to eye. And there are also days when I can't stand how happy I am to have him in my life.

My relationship with the Lord began much the same way. One day I made a choice to pursue this relationship. I spent time in prayer and in the Word. Got to know about Him. Sometimes He did things for me. Sometimes I did things for Him. And at some point, I decided that this is a Person I want in my life every day. Through every up and down of life. Yes, there are days when I am mad at Him. We don't always see eye to eye. And there are also days when I can't stand how happy I am to have Him in my life.

Spending time together, nurturing the relationship on a consistent basis ... growing deeper in love and trust. That is my wish for you and the Lord in 2018.

God bless!









No comments:

Post a Comment