Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Something for everyone


© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)


I have many wonderful memories of my mom - especially Christmas ones. My mom mothered 8 children! They all got married in time. They all had children. So Christmas Day at home was always a houseful! Tables end to end from the dining room into the living room. Plenty of home cooked food and a place for all to sit down together and eat. But one thing that stands out in my mind is her desire that everyone should have a gift to unwrap - no matter how simple or small the gift - something for everyone. Now with such a large family, that added up to quite a bit! How my mom made it happen on such a limited income ... well, some might call it Christmas magic.

But I see it as the love of God - coming down. And just like sending His Son to save the whole world (something for everyone) at the Table, around the Tree ...

Its true, Christmas isn't about the presents. As I watched my mom year after year, I learned its about love, compassion, concern, care, thoughtfulness, and acceptance of one another.

One and all.

Inclusion. Long before it became a buzz word. Long before it needed to be said.

From Mom.
From God.

They so loved the whole world...




No comments:

Post a Comment