Sunday, September 24, 2017

Experience Preferred

© 2014 Julie Crane All rights reserved
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)

I'm older now. I've got some experiences under my belt. I see things on social media asking the question, "What would you tell your younger self?" Yes. I've been around. I know lots more stuff.

That's why I wouldn't want, say,a 16 year old telling me what choice to make in areas they are not familiar with at all. If I've seen it, lived through it, I'm going to know more ...

Our Lord has seen it all. Lived through it all. He's going to know more ... He knows everything there is to know. He has the most knowledge, the most experience, the most compassion, the most power ...my goodness! Why wouldn't you put all your trust in this Man?

Do you think your worries and concerns are something new to Him? Health, relationships, finances ... in this world there has always been troubles. In this world there still are troubles. No more tears are a promise of heaven. But the Lord is present here and now to carry us through. Just as He has been present in all of time for all generations. So trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Proverbs 3:5). The Lord knows how to handle every situation in His way, and in His perfect timing. He sees. He is present. He knows. The Lord is "older", wiser, experienced.

And His experience is preferred.






No comments:

Post a Comment