Sunday, August 13, 2017

Morning prayer of blessing


© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Another Celtic practice I learned about while on my retreat was the prayer of blessing – over what we would call, “every little thing”. Morning blessings, washing dishes, making the bed – praying over the sleep of loved ones, the food God sent our way … etc. A heightened awareness of God’s presence and provision. We were asked to sit in silence and think about how our day starts. Here is my morning prayer of blessing:



Thank You, God, for this morning

As my body slowly awakes.

My soul also stirs in greeting

Awaiting its quiet time with You.



So, bless, O God, the coffee perking.

Bless, O God, the pills I must take.

Bless the kitties purring

And the scratching of ears they insist I partake.



Then be with me this hour

As with coffee and bible in prayer,

I seek Your direction and guidance

And surrender every care.








No comments:

Post a Comment