Friday, June 2, 2017

A Mandy kind of love


She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening … (Luke 10:39)







Every morning I get my coffee and bible and journal and sit down in my favorite chair. I get all situated and not two seconds pass before our cat, Mandy, is right there at my feet waiting to jump into my lap. Up she jumps and she gets all situated too. Lays down happy as a clam. She doesn’t ask for anything – not a scratch or more food – nothing. She just settles in. Content to be near me.



Oh, that I would approach my Lord in the same manner. Ready to jump into His lap at a moment’s notice. Knowing full well that food and water will be provided as needed – and the scratch to my itch as well! Happy as a clam to just be near Him. Just a restful repose. A sigh. A purr. A peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment