Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Who doesn't love a mystery?


 
© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Holding the mystery of the faith … (1 Timothy 3:9 KJV)



Some people just love mysteries. Whether its reading a page-turning paperback or watching it unfold on the screen, there is some excitement to the unknown and trying to puzzle out the right conclusion (before the end!). For others, like me, these mind-benders are just too challenging. Too hard. I’m satisfied with waiting until the end when the truth is revealed. I’m okay being in the state of not knowing how the book will end, the movie will end. Because I know that in the end, all will be resolved and clear will become clear.

 And that’s how I look at this bible verse. I may have taken it a little out of context, but the phrase, “the mystery of the faith” caught my eye this morning. I pondered about living in the mystery of how God works things out. And having faith that He will work things out.

 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. (1 Corinthians 13:12)

 Are you caught up in the anxiety of not knowing? Are you trying to puzzle out things that only God in His infinite wisdom can know? Can you find your way to being okay with that? Having your heavenly Father Who loves you … know what comes next? Trusting in Him?

 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Have faith in the mystery.  Through the mystery. As you put your trust in the Lord.






No comments:

Post a Comment