Wednesday, January 13, 2016

With love, Jesus


 

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus … (Colossians 3:17)

 

Several years ago, when I was a foster mom, I got called in to see one daughter’s teacher. When I got there, she handed me a note, handwritten by this daughter. It read: Please excuse my daughter from gym class this week. She doesn’t feel good. Love, Mrs. Wenzel.

 

Well, we got a pretty good laugh out of that! I imagine she saw “love” written in birthday cards, etc. and just figured that’s how you always sign off correspondence. She wanted it to look like it was from Mrs. Wenzel and not herself. She wanted to be looked upon as someone else.

 

This memory came back to me as I read my bible this morning Read the above passage again. Ignore the fact for the moment that she did it to manipulate, deceive and to gain something she wanted. Ponder instead God’s calling us to, in word and deed, be like Jesus instead of ourselves. Your words and actions should be of a nature that you can comfortably sign Jesus’ name to it.

 

The verses prior to this one talk of gentleness, kindness, patience and love for one another. Can your behavior today be signed with love? Jesus love? I pray it is so.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment