Thursday, August 3, 2023

Peace and Joy


Children and Christmas and joy all seem to go together naturally. They get so excited! Cousins and cookies and grandma’s cooking… Christmas kids know how to do it!

 Peace I leave you, My peace I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful. (John 14:27)

 Seek peace and pursue it. (Psalm 34:14)

Now you can see the Lord is not talking about whatever kind of peace you can get in a worldly sense. No, His peace is something so much more, so much higher and greater than anything you can imagine. And yet it is available to you and I. Strive, put your energy into seeking His kind of peace… the peace that passes understanding (Philippians 4:7).

What if I replace the word “peace” with “joy”?

Joy I leave you, My Joy I give you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, nor fearful.

 Seek joy and pursue it. (Psalm 34:14)

 These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and  your joy may be made full. (John 15:11)

Jesus calls us to receive His kind of joy. Don’t try to pursue some kind of joy that the world offers. You know it falls short. Jesus is extending full joy to us. He wants us to live in it.

Just as children are full of Christmas joy, may we too, live each and every day in the knowledge that a Christ-like peace and a Christ-like joy is ours. And let not your hearts be troubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment