Sunday, June 11, 2023

Remember when…

I have one of those digital photo frames where pictures appear, one after another. And I love it so much! Pictures of dear family and friends. Pictures of wonderful vacations and good times. Some make me laugh out loud. Others bring a warm hug to my heart. Yes, I love the memories these stir up. My heart and mind revisiting all those “remember when’s”. 

 But there are other “remember when’s” that I don’t have pictures of - the many times God has helped me, saved me and blessed me. Most recently during a bad case of car trouble. God blessed me with good company, a safe place to wait for help to arrive, and provision all the way home. God has given me all these and so much more! Without pictures constantly flashing across a frame, how will I ever recall and remember these precious gifts?

One thing I do is keep a journal of everything good that happens in every day. Not only huge highlights like the one described above. There’s ice cream, watching the birds, and back rubs. Funny jokes shared. New yarn. Dinner out. Kitty cuddles. Coffee with a friend. And I number each one too. I’m into the thousands! Whenever I look back and review, not only do I realize how very awesome and generous God is; looking back also lifts my spirit when a day feels gray.

When you think of God’s goodness, you can probably name several things that come to mind. But the profound number found in my journals, and the fact that they are personal, for me, gifts from God - has an overwhelming, wonderful, heart-warming affect on me - and my outlook on life.

Might I suggest you try it for yourself. Start with one. And then one more. And build on it as often as you get the chance. And just see if it doesn’t heighten your awareness of God’s great, big, personal love for you. See if it doesn’t brighten a gloomy day!

And may God bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment