Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Is it too early for thoughts of Christmas?

 It's hard to believe some stores are already displaying Christmas decorations to buy. There were Christmas movies and Christmas in July sales too. We have to wonder - what's the hurry? Why the rush?

And if Christmas only brings to mind the gifts you need to purchase, the decorations to put up, the meals to plan and buy and prepare for family and friends, plus the getting dressed up for company parties... plus, plus, plus! Well, it is no wonder we groan when all these early reminders - of all that work - pop up. I'm exhausted already. It will be soon enough for all that hustle and bustle, right?

But what if... what if every mention of Christmas brought about warm thoughts of Jesus? That sweet baby ended up saving you and me and the whole world. What if every mention of Christmas brought us a sense of immeasurable love from the Father, the amazing grace we sing about, and the promise that now we can live safe and secure in the knowledge that Jesus has so completely changed us - that we are fit for heaven to live with Him there.

Whenever I can settle my head and heart down to dwell on those kinds of thoughts, I want to treasure them and hold on to them as long as I can. I want to live in that loved and accepted bubble. Yeah... I don't want to wait for Christmas for that feel-good feeling. I don't want to wait for December. Let these feelings of Christmas, of Jesus, come and wrap around us on August 10. November 5. March 4. Let it be Christmas in our hearts every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment