Friday, June 17, 2022

O Lord, hear my prayer


Resting on the promises of God
 Praises for someone landing a new job!

The face of precious babies.

Thank You for words of encouragement.

Thank You for shared prayers.

Continued blessings on a marriage.

Praise for another birthday!

Thanks and praise for laughter!

Prayers and support for those taking on a challenge.

Prayers for small businesses.

Thank You for Your Word.

Thanks for the reminders to trust in You.

Yummy recipes.

Thank You for music videos.

Prayers for those going through cancer.

I just scrolled through Facebook and prayed one-liners over every post I read. Surprised? First, it made me think of Matthew 6:

Your prayers need not be labored or lengthy or grandiose - for your Father knows what you need before you ever ask Him. (Matthew 7:8 VOICE) That makes one-line prayers still powerful and effective.

I admit I've struggled with social media. Sometimes it's so good, and other times it's hurtful and depressing. Then I recalled this verse that in some ways applies:

Even though you intended to harm me, God intended it only for good, and through me, He preserved the lives of countless people, as He is still doing today. (Genesis 50:20 VOICE) This verse comes from the infamous account of Joseph being sold into slavery by his brothers. But he ends up saving the country from a severe famine. And using Facebook posts as a launchpad for prayers kind of feels like using social media (that can sometimes be bad), into something good and glorifying God. God always welcomes trust in Him.

So go on! You know you want to try it!

O Lord, hear my prayer...





No comments:

Post a Comment