Thursday, April 15, 2021

Were You There?

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Now before you get that pre-Easter song stuck in your head, I want you to know I've taken a different direction.

Have you ever wondered if God is going to show up? Help you? Be there for you?

Take a look at these examples and then consider some of your own:


Were You there:

  • as the car ran a red light right in front of me?
    "I was there."
  • as they prepped me for my first chemo treatment?
    "I was there."
  • as they terminated my position at work?
    "I was there."
  • as I put mom in a nursing home?
    "I was there."
  • as I signed the divorce papers?
    "I was there."

    Are You here:
  • as I juggle mom and work and the kids?
    "I am here."

  • as I plan, shop, prepare and set out dinner for my family yet again?
    "I am here."

  • as I stretch out beneath clean sheets after a long day?
    "I am here."
  • as a rock a cranky grandbaby?
    "I am here."

Does this cause you to tremble... tremble... tremble?

Are you still worried about the future? Are you still wondering how you will get through today? What does the Bible say?

I am with you always (remaining with you perpetually - regardless of circumstances, and on every occasion), even to the end of the age. (Matthew 28:20 AMP)

You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time. (ERV)

I will be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age. (MSG)

His faithfulness endures forever.

His love endures forever.

His strength endures forever.

He presence endures forever.

In Revelation 4:8 we read: Day and night they never stop saying, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty; Who was, and is, and is to come." 

Take an intermission... and put your hope in the One Who was, is and is to come. For me. For you. Always. 

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment