Saturday, January 2, 2021

Who's on first?

 

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I had some good intentions. I really meant to write a blog post at least once a week. Why? Because my heart screams for people to trust in God. To be reminded to believe in how big, and powerful, and loving He truly is. HOPE in Him. How His presence carries us through every kind of thing. But I didn't make that goal. Fell short. The excuse I used was that I didn't feel the Spirit move me to write about any particular thing. So I told myself the time wasn't right and that when the time was right, the words would come upon me as they have so many times before.

In truth, I haven't been reading my bible as diligently as I should. I haven't spent any consistent, habitual time learning and relearning about God and His character. Oh, I do my morning devotional reading and it is based on a scripture passage or two. And indeed, others words have been helpful in keeping me centered. But my own direct reading of His Word, my own time mulling over phrases... wondering about entire accounts of people in biblical times - focusing, looking for God's hand in every one...

I shouldn't be sitting back and waiting for the Spirit to move me into action. I should be seeking and finding with some real intention and effort. Seek first, right? And all things will be added. (Matthew 6:33) I need to get my nose in the truth. His very Word. The one real, true source of connecting with God. And as I fill myself with more of Him, as found in His Word, then I will have some foundation for sharing with others. As I deepen my relationship, my understanding of God, then I believe I will know what to do. What to write. How to love. How to live. Yes, seeking Him must come first. From that one true Source. 

Pray with me. For me and yourselves as well. That we seek first, trusting that all else will be added.

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

Jesus answered, "It is written' Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" (Matthew 4:4)

But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop. (Luke 68:15)



No comments:

Post a Comment