Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Time to stop praying

 

I thought that might catch your eye. I know, I know - the Bible says: to pray continually, pray without ceasing, and at all times and in all places. Right? 

But I'm talking about the litany of pleas and unending agonizing cries of things we ourselves can not change; can not handle.

At some point, it's time to just trust. To believe that God is the One and Only great, big GOD. Time to stop "wringing our hands everyday over the same things" kind of prayers. And take a deep breath in, and out, close your eyes and say, "God, You are __________." Rest in His sovereignty. Be at peace in His wisdom and power. Truly acknowledge God as King of all kings and Lord of all lords. Over everything in heaven and everything on earth. Believe with all your heart - God is present and holds the present and future - of everything - in His hands. God IS at work now and  forever. Every day is written in His book. In absolute perfect wisdom and power. There is a divine and orderly plan and purpose to all things. Great is our Lord. And greatly to be praised.

I want to stop caving in to the pressure to be frantic and panicked as if I had no hope. I have hope. I have the greatest Hope.

Set it all down...

Set. It. All. Down.

Rest in the One Who has control of it all.

Believe it.

Trust Him.

Have faith.

Remember Who God is and all that He is.

Aren't you ready for a sigh of relief? 

Ask God today for a sure and unshakeable confidence in Him. The Almighty One.




No comments:

Post a Comment