Tuesday, May 28, 2019

God: Here and Now and Then

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Lord, this life here can sure be hard sometimes. So un-understandably hard and hard to accept. Yet moving on, having to move on in a totally unexpected, and, at this point, undesirable way. So many fearful illnesses, tragic losses and anxiety riddled relationships. I must remember this is THIS life and not the life You had planned at all. But with certain hope, I know You still have that glorious place, that perfectly marvelous life in store for all who believe. Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift!

But for now, I must still practice the appreciating a fragrant rose while being pricked by its thorn. Days can be full of goods and bads, sads and glads. Like a splattering on a canvas. But in the next life, oh, the next life! Love alone will abound!

But I need Thee, Lord... now. I need that peace and assurance in a quality and quantity only You can provide. I need You for my next breath, my next thought, my next step. Because even though I believe in eternal heavenly life with You, I must also believe this temporal, worldly life also has You.

Open my eyes and ears, heart and mind - to Your presence in the here and now. Let Your love and comfort seep into my very soul. Refresh me enough to step out into this day...

He said to me:"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. (Revelation 21:6)



No comments:

Post a Comment