Friday, March 1, 2019

New day - same heart

As I reflect on a passage from today's morning devotion ...

Hear His words, Hear them carefully
for they are not His alone
they are the very words of God

...I can't help but be reminded of how I feel when I hear that Christmas song about Mary knowing that when she kisses her little baby, she's kissing the face of God.

When you read your little bible,
you're reading the word of God.

Lord, I have been remiss in my duties as Your servant. I have been remiss in loving You as beloved Father. But I desire change in my ways. O Lord, I desire to be a living testimony of You. One step at a time. Only in looking back may I realize I've humbly left a legacy of Your love. I am lovable and capable. I have Your blessed assurance. Thank You, Jesus. May I say yes to You more often, live in Your blessed assurance more often, live out my calling more often. And say, "I love You" - more often. I fully believe You know my worries and concerns. Thank You for prayer. Help me to accept change. It may be slow in coming but Lord, as best I can, the desire for living for You is there. Love and appreciation for You is there. By Your grace I'll see the sunny side. I am lovable and capable and I have Your blessed assurance. I will breathe. I will seek Your face in all circumstances. I will smile in assurance of Your loving involvement.

And I will not let the rocks "out-praise" me.




No comments:

Post a Comment