Monday, September 24, 2018

My Trustworthy Mechanic

© 2018 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Is anything too hard for the Lord? (Genesis 18:14)

I don't know anything about cars. So I am thankful when I can go to a trusted mechanic. Trusted because I've been there before. He has helped before. He can help me again. I've been to the same mechanic time after time. He knows me. He knows my car. And I know him. I can trust him because we communicate on a regular basis - oil changes, tire rotations, or something is just a-miss.

Sometimes I can't find the words for what is a-miss. I say, "It's a clunking, ping, ping, ping ..." And somehow he manages to figure it out and get me out on the road again.

Lord, there is so much in life I don't know or understand. Truly, I need You on a regular basis. You have helped before. Through regular ordinary things (like the oil change). And tougher, more confusing times as well (like the clunking, ping, ping, pings of life). You have helped when I couldn't find the words. I know I can watch and wait for You. It is You Who sets me straight and gets me out on the road again.

All wise, all powerful, almighty, trustworthy - God.






No comments:

Post a Comment