Friday, June 8, 2018

Expected Arrival: Right on time

I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your miracles of long ago. (Psalm 77:11)

I love running errands in my Bug convertible. But it seems like, more and more, we are ordering things online. For home delivery. We can even track its progress online. With a familiar site, a well-established, often-used site, our worries are minimal. They say three days and based on what we've experienced, it'll be three days.

Now consider the works and wonders of the Lord in your own life. Has God been faithful? Reliable? Has He delivered? How is His track record?

Oh, I remember God delivered Daniel from the lions in the den, parted the Red Sea for Moses, and opened the prison doors for Peter...

But even more so, I remember God delivering me from car troubles in the middle of the night, worries over a son in Afghanistan, carried me though divorce, unemployment, cancer ... and that's just over the last few years. God brought me through all of that and more. He's never failed me.

And here I sit. Sipping coffee.Looking out at a beautiful summer day. Resting in the peace of Christ. When the next trial of life comes, may my heart and mind remember the Lord's track record.

He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me. (Psalm 18:19)


How has His track record been for you? Those worries and trials. Those prayers and pleadings from last year, the last ten years - do you even remember all that you asked? Has He delivered you? In His own way. His own timing. Does everything He has done in your past now give you certain hope for today and your future? Have you arrived - to that point where whatever may come at you in this life - you can claim God's faithfulness, steadfast love and power over all?

Expect it from Him.
God is always - right on time.

Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He Who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. (Isaiah 46:4)









No comments:

Post a Comment