Saturday, July 8, 2017

Goodness all around me


© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness … (Psalm 138:2)



Bless my desire to have a greater sense of You, the Triune God, present in everything. Walking, talking, sitting, sleeping, driving, cooking, cleaning, resting, knitting, reading - and not just in praying. May I experience Your presence in current time, right here with me now. Present in this very room while I drink my coffee. Get my head around it; accept it; and be at comfortable peace about it. God sees me all the time. God knows me inside and out. God loves me like crazy. I am absolutely okay in His presence. He understands my human frailties and human limitations and I’m still okay, still welcomed into His arms; still okay to be seen by Him. I may lift my eyes up. All guilt and shame washed from His sight and the pure goodness of Christ within me the only thing remaining; shining through. Thank You, Jesus, for washing all sin away. For living in me and through me. Thank You for going before me and getting rid of harmful and unnecessary things on my path. Thank You for Your near and dear presence in the here and now – Your love and Your strength. Thank You for being right behind me to watch my back, to repair what damage I may have done and to nurture seeds I have planted in the hearts of others. Thank You for being yesterday’s light, this very moment’s light, and the certain hope of light tomorrow. Thank You doing this, unchangeable You, for all my days and for generations of days. Truly, God, You are great, great, great!


No comments:

Post a Comment