Wednesday, April 12, 2017

There's no place like home




© 2009 Julie Crane All rights reserved.

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)




You can ask anyone. They are ready for a vacation! Can’t wait. And we love our time on vacation – away from the routine of everyday life. But, oh, how we love being back home as well. The routine is comfortable.  And home is, well, comfy and relaxing. Where you can let it all hang out. PJ bottoms, and slippers, and no makeup. Right? Even after a wonderful vacation, home is where you can let your hair down and just … sigh.

 The same is true of a rough day at work. Aren’t you just so glad to get … home? Let out a big breath. Change into your sweats.  Put your feet up. No more work for you. Time for some separation. The comfort of home.

 And every friend I have visited in the hospital, whether they’ve been there one day or five – long to go home. No matter how sick they may feel, they want to be home.

College students.

Home.

Overseas soldiers.

Home.

Business travelers.

All head - back home.

 There is also a “home” in heaven for those who believe and have put their trust in Jesus. A marvelous home. A place for you. Room for you. Waiting for you. Home in its biggest, largest sense.

But until then, I am claiming Jesus as my home. As my resting place. My place of love and acceptance. Comfy, cozy in His arms. Breathe. Relax. Let go. Oh yeah … join me, won’t you? There is room – for you.

And no better place to be. Claim it for yourself – anytime you want to sense that delicious sense of being – HOME.










No comments:

Post a Comment